BSc (Hons), MChS, FHEA, PGCHE, PGcert Sports Podiatry
Te:. 01604 795410
Manju graduated from the Northampton School of Podiatry, affiliated by Leicester University in 1994. She worked in Nottingham NHS trust specialising in musculoskeletal podiatry for 5 years whilst completing her post graduate qualification in sports podiatry at the Manchester Metropolitan University. A further NHS position in Birmingham saw her as a clinical and governance lead which involved all areas of research, education, training and delivery of current evidence-based practice.
Returning to the University of Northampton University in 2008 to take up the post of Senior Lecturer, where she teaches and specialises in paediatrics, orthopaedics and mechanical therapy alongside supervising students in undergraduate research. Students are also taken to the London Marathon each year to teach and treat acute lower limb injuries.
Manju worked as a specialist at the 2012 Olympics treating both the organisers and athletes as well as working as the chief podiatrist for the MK Dons.
Currently Manju is undertaking her PhD in juvenile hallux valgus, children’s bunions, looking at both advancing anthropometric 3D technology to measure the condition as well as a new innovative design for conservative treatment.
It is a combination of her roles to date, particularly in education, training and development of patients, that enables Manju to offer an exceptional level of specialist care and treatment.
- Fellow of the Higher Academic Institute
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Sports injuries
- Running injuries and technique
- Gait and biomechanical problems
- Children’s foot and lower limb problems
- Flat feet/ over pronation/pes planus
- High arched feet/ supinated / cavoid
- Metatarsagia/ forefoot pain
- Mortons neuroma
- Capsulitis/plantar plate damage
- Heel pain including plantar fasciitis
- Ankle instability/impingement
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Diabetic foot problems
- In growing toenails
- Routine footcare
- Post op Rehab after foot and ankle surgery.
Current University/Private Posts
- Senior Lecturer at The University of Northampton
- Consultant Podiatrist at The Clinic MK, MK Feet and Woodside Clinic Dunstable